Your questions answered.
Technical questions answered
How does it work and what do I need?
You will need a compatible Zigbee smart bridge and a working internet connection.
Some popular smart bridges include Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, TRÅDFRI Gateway and there are many others.
Follow the instructions from your bridge supplier to set up.
If you already have smart lighting, it is likely you have everything you need, just add your Illuminapp to your existing list of lights.
Illuminapp is powered from the mains. Your Illuminapp comes with all the connections you need, simply plug into a wall socket and enjoy!
We have heavily tested the Philips Hue smart bridge with Illuminapp.
However, there are many alternative bridges which will work just as well.
Unfortunately not. Illuminapp is a Zigbee compatible light which requires a bridge in range of the unit.
The Illuminapp has a range of functions, usually determined by your bridge and app combination, but they generally consist of the following:
– A choice of different colour lights.
– Change the light brightness.
– Turn on or off your lights at certain times.
– Control lights with your voice using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
– Control lights with compatible dimmers, motion sensors and switches.
Absolutely! You can synchronise all your Illuminapps together, group them or even operate them as individual units. We’ve run over 20 Illuminapps successfully and added various groups and names to the mix.
Firstly choose a name for your Illuminapp, it can be any name you like.
Then, try these:
‘Hey Google, turn on [your picture name]’
‘Alexa, set the brightness of [your picture name] to [a number between 1 and 100] percent’
‘Hey Google, set [your picture name] to [any colour, e.g. red, green, blue]’
To operate all of your Illuminapps, if you have more than one, you say:
‘Hey Google, turn the lights to white’
Or, if you have a room configured in the app, you can say:
‘Alexa, dim the lounge lights’
Absolutely not, they’re just an option to control Illuminapp.
If you don’t have these devices, you can use the app provided from your bridge supplier to control your Illuminapps.
There are two ways to reset your Illuminapp.
- Simply remove it from your bridge, you can do this by going into your app (for example Philips Hue app), navigating to lights and deleting the respective light. Once deleted, your Illuminapp will begin flashing. When the flashing stops, your Illuminapp is reset.
- If you’re unable to reset your Illuminapp from the app, you’ll need to perform a manual reset. This can be done by switching the power source on and off a total of four times, ensuring that the lights come on for more than 2 seconds between each on/off cycle. The LED’s will flash to inform you that the reset procedure is about to start. Once they have stopped flashing, switch the power on and off a further two times in the same fashion. The LED’s will flash again to indicate the factory reset has been completed.
Orders, shipping, returns and exchanges.
Each Illuminapp is handmade and so allow 7-10 working days.
We will send you regular status updates by email.
We are unable to offer bespoke Illuminapp framing service at the moment.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit and debit cards. We also accept PayPal, Apple and Google Pay.
You can pay in 3 monthly instalments at 0% APR. This service is provided by Klarna.
You can select to pay over 3 months at the checkout.
Yes, if you are not 100% satisfied you can return your Illuminapp(s) to us and receive a full refund.
Please refer to our returns policy.
If your item has been damaged during transit, please contact us and we’ll get it sorted.
We can usually help you diagnose any problem with your Illuminapp. Please get in contact with us and we’ll guide you through what to do. We recommend using our live chat to speak to us.
We guarantee each Illuminapp for 12 months against any defects or malfunctions other than damage caused by the customer.